The Isiala Ngwa South Youth Empowerment Scheme (I-YES) - Solar/Inverter installation training
The Isiala Ngwa South Youth Empowerment Scheme (I-YES) is a special programme spearheaded by Hon. Ike Anyatonwu the TC Chairman of Isiala Ngwa South L.G.A and co-sponsored by Hon. Chikwendu Kalu – member representing Isiala Ngwa South state constituency and Hon. Obinna Oriaku - the former commissioner for Finance, Abia State, in partnership with Wavetra Energy LTD.
The I-YES has been conceived and designed to presently focus on training Youths on solar/inverter power installation and maintenance and it's designed to:
- Drastically reduce unemployment among Isiala Ngwa South Youths by by empowering up 500 carefully selected youths.
- Create wealth among the growing youth population
- Fight crime and drug abuse tendency among youths by empowering them.
- Guarantee sustained income for the target group.
- Help achieve the financial inclusion strategy of the Okezie Ikpeazu led Administration of Abia State government.
- Build the capacity of the youth to enable them take charge of their own wellbeing and future by building their assets and realizing their potentials.
- To integrate the youth into the Economic Diversification policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Contribute to GDP growth and Abia IGR through the development of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs).
Who is eligible to Apply?
- You must be an indigene of Isiala Ngwa South Local Government Areas.
- You must be between 18 – 40 years of age.
Other recruitment requirement for I-Yes Applicants
- Applicant must have at least an O Level credit in Physics and Mathematics. However, engineering students and graduates are our primary target.
- Applicant must have a valid means of LGA of origin identification.
- Applicant must show the basic capacity to learn and be teachable
- Applicant must provide a referee and guarantor, preferable a traditional ruler, Isiala Ngwa South Local Government civil servant, religious leader.
- Applicant must show the capacity to learn and develop a business model around what he learned.
- Applicant MUST complete our online training prerequisite course at stoplearn.com
Comr. Darlington Nnaemeka Ahuruonye
S.A, Social Investment
LIKE our page below to get our PROMOs first and see renewable energy related information first.